Everything you need to know is below
Personal identifiable information we collect
Information you voluntarily submit to the website: We may collect personal identifiable information from you such as your name and email address. For example:
- When submitting a blog comment (it is not required that you provide this identifying information; however, if you do, your email address is not published),
- By submitting a contact form,
- Emailing us via an email link on the site,
- We may also collect other information via surveys and/or any offers or giveaways that you voluntarily provide, either electronically or otherwise, regardless of whether we have committed not to collect it as part of our standard practices under this policy.
Subscriptions, Sponsorship and Advertising
We do not collect: As we use third-party payment The Boiling Frog does not collect or store your payment details (e.g. debit/credit card numbers) and cannot see them. This is all done via the aforementioned payment processors – WooCommerce and PayPal.
What we do with the information we collect
The Boiling Frog may collect and use personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate the website
We may need your information to display content on our website correctly
- To create your account to identify you as a user of the website, and customise the website for your account
- To improve our products and services
Information you provide helps us to respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently
- To respond to your comments or enquiries.
- To provide you with user support
- To improve our website
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services. We may also contact you for market research purposes e.g. a blog survey, to shape future content and articles.
- To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other website feature
We may send you information you have agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to your enquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorised or illegal activity.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identifiable information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographical information not linked to any personal identifiable information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes, which may mean that your information will pass through their systems. Below is a list of these third parties, with a link to their GDPR compliance statement (where applicable).
- 1&1 Ionos hosts our website. The website is secured by an SSL certificate issued by XXX
- XX is the application we use for our Blog.
- MailChimp is the tool we use for emails and newsletters.
- Apple OneDrive provides storage for all of our project documentation
Opting out and your rights
You may choose to stop the collection or use of your personal information by opting out at any time as provided here.
- Opt Out: if at any time you no longer wish to receive emails similar to those you are receiving from us, you may unsubscribe using the “unsubscribe” link or button at the bottom of our email messages or, I f you prefer, you may unsubscribe/opt out by submitting a request to email@example.com If you choose to unsubscribe, we wish you all the best, and we also welcome you to re-subscribe at any time.
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about your by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org including the words “access” in the subject line.
- Amend: If at any time you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us by email at email@example.com including the words “amend” in the subject line so that it may be updated.
- Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, including our use of secure third-party payment processors. Any of your information collected by these secure third-party processors is subject to their own privacy policies, not outs; therefore, you and we hereby agree that we will have no liability in connection with the actions or inactions of these processors.
Our pledge to you
We will not sell, lease or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting. We respect the privacy of our visitors and we will not sell or rent your email address or any other information to any third parties.
Non-personal identifiable information
We may collect non-personal identifiable information about you when you visit our website. Non-personally identifiable information may include the click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over.
Web browser cookies
Anonymous Data from Google Analytics
The Boiling Frog is committed to ensuring that our website content is valuable and useful to our visitors. To help us with this we use the tool Google Analytics. This enables us to review anonymous data regarding the gender, age and interests of our website visitors and as a result adapt our website content to better reflect your needs. Google Analytics uses a cookie to track the number of unique users of the site, but does not enable us to identify any individuals.
You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Google Ad settings or through Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
The Boiling Frog Blog allows comments to be added beneath all blog posts on the website. The information collected here, which may include names, email addresses and/or website URL’s, will not be added to our mailing list, nor will it ever be passed on or shared with third parties. Adding your name, email address and website URL is completely optional on this site. Email addresses, if entered into the email field are not shown on the site. All comments are moderated and will not appear on the site until moderation has taken place. No specific time is given for moderation of blog comments.
The Boiling Frog Blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice due to, but not limited to:
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam
- Comments including profanity
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive
- Comments that attack a person individually
- Comments which contain links that are questionable, such as broken, invalid, suspicious, or shortened links
- Comments which we do not want to appear on the site.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy or any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Terms and conditions
All content provided on this blog is for information purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information not for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
The owner of this blog reserves the right to change the focus of this blog, shut it down, or sell it at the company’s own discretion.
The Boiling Frog Blog is not responsible for any re-published content from this blog on other blogs, websites, blog comments or other media, unless supplied from ourselves.
Communications & Other Privacy Matters
You consent to communicating with us through email, including without limitation the exchanging of documents as attachments to email communications. You understand that such communications may include information that we or you consider private, and that not all computer networks are necessarily secure. You agree to hold us harmless for any non-intentional loss of or access to electronically exchanged and stored information. We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time.
Charities are no different to any other sector in that they are being challenged by the rise of digital. But their slowness to adapt means they face being left behind.read more
It once seemed that charities could do no wrong, but in recent years the misdemeanours of a high-profile few has put the whole sector on the back foot with the public.read more
Charities are often accused of frittering money on unnecessary ‘admin’. Are donors right to favour charities that have the lowest administration costs?read more
Don't miss an article, sign up to follow our posts!
For more information about how we use your data please refer to our privacy and cookie policies.